Volunteer Application Process
- Review the requirements for becoming a CASA volunteer in our Volunteer Job Description and Responsibilities Checklist.
- Review the FAQs.
- Attend a mandatory information session to learn more about CASA. See dates and RSVP here.
- Fill out this form to receive your inquiry packet.
- Complete your volunteer application (a link sent to you after you attend an information session), online.
- Participate in an in-person interview at the CASA office.
- Upon your successful interview, CASA of Ventura County will run a thorough screening process, including background checks and references. This step may take up to 3 weeks to complete. (*Please note: steps 5-7 must be completed and accepted two weeks before your training course begins.)
- Attend and successfully complete our 40-hour pre-service training program. See training course dates here.
- Be sworn in by a dependency court judge as a volunteer officer of the court.
- Be matched with a child and paired with an advocate supervisor!
Please contact us at (805) 389-3120 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!